I’ve been making these muffins for a long time. I use all kinds of ingredients depending on what I have on hand. Basically, if you have eggs, cheese and a muffin tin you are good to go! The thing I love about making egg recipes in bulk is that eggs are really freezeable and it’s great to have a breakfast ready to go when you wake up without all the cooking. Now usually we eat these all up before I get a chance to freeze them. I put them in the fridge and they are typically gone in a few days. Sometimes I even have one for a snack in the afternoon.
Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins (Makes 12 muffins)
1/4 cup milk (or buttermilk, half and half, cream)
1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
5 scallions, chopped
7 oz smoked ham, chopped
PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES
1. SPRAY YOUR MUFFIN PAN WITH COOKING SPRAY!!! (I felt like this needed all caps because I have thrown away muffin tins after forgetting this step because I just couldn’t get all the eggs cleaned out no matter how hard I tried and at some point you just think to yourself well I guess I’ll just go get another one at Target!)
2. Put your chopped ham on the bottom of the pan
3. Sprinkle the chopped scallions over the top of the ham
4. Whisk your eggs and milk in a bowl (preferably one with a spout)
5. Pour egg mixture evenly over all 12 muffin cups
6. Top each muffin with cheese
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes (check them at 25 minutes and see if you need more time)
8. Let muffins rest for 5-10 minutes (if you can!)
Good gravy, my mouth is watering right now. It’s like everything I love in one, tiny, muffin-sized presentation.