So this is my first post from my iPhone. We shall see how it goes. Basically days before giving birth we have evacuated our house because of leaking air conditioner duct work that has resulted in a serious mold issue that requires professional remediation. I have been beside myself all day but thankfully have a local parent who has graciously taken in my soon to be family of four.
In a spontaneous evacuation, one cannot forget one’s groceries so I packed them up and made these fajitas tonight for my mom as a big thank you for taking us in.
I love a good one dish meal and this fits the bill quite nicely. Not only was this really easy to put together but the flavors were delish. We put them on tortillas with shredded cheddar, sour cream, and avocado. Delish!!
By the way, I’m beginning to realize I have a serious addiction to things that are served in tortillas!!
So here’s where I found the recipe:
And here’s how I did it:
Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
2 red onions, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
4 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garlic powder
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with chiles
Fajita sized tortillas
Your favorite toppings (cheese, sour cream, refried beans, or guacamole are a few I can think of)
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a small bowl whisk together the oil, chili powder, cumin, coriander and garlic powder.
2. Put the chicken, onions and bell pepper in a casserole dish.
3. Pour oil mixture over chicken and veggies. Then pour can of diced tomatoes in too and mix everything up until all the chicken and veggies are coated.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
5. Serve over tortillas and with your favorite fajita toppings.