So tomorrow I have to get my preschooler to school and show up to my MOPs meeting with my baby (dressed and fed) with two egg casseroles all before 9:30. How I ever used to get my son to daycare and myself to work with makeup on by 8 am is just a big mystery to me. Maybe I don’t remember since I probably was getting no sleep. But I digress. I should admit I signed up to bring the egg casseroles because I heart cooking breakfast casseroles. It feels so good to be able to break one of these bad boys out to feed a group of people. And the best thing about this casserole is it can be made the day before or even frozen for later! Talk about win win. So on the eve of my MOPs meeting I am making two of these casseroles and tomorrow I will put them in a cold oven about an hour before I leave and then turn the oven on to 325*. Then I will dash around like a crazy lady trying get myself and my 2 kids in the car with everything we need for preschool and a baby.
Wish me luck!!! (How in the world does that Dugger lady ever leave the house with 19 kids?!)
Potato & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
1 package diced potato and onions or hash browns. Enough to cover bottom of large casserole dish.
1/2 cup half and half
2-3 cups shredded cheddar
1 lb sausage, browned and drained
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 *.
2. Spread your potatoes or hash browns on the bottom of your casserole and put butter on top. Cook for 30 mins or until brown and crispy
3. While potatoes are cooking prepare egg mixture by mixing eggs and half and half in a mixing bowl.
4. When potatoes are done cooking, spread sausage over the potatoes. Pour egg mixture over the top and then add cheese.
5. cook casserole for 40 minutes or until done in the middle.
6. Either serve immediately or let cool and wrap for the fridge or freezer.
This looks delicious! And, I appreciate that there are no peppers of any kind all up in this egg mess. I have three kids and I never leave the house so I am impressed with your go-get-’em attitude!
Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are doing a terrific job!
Sent from my iPad