Do you ever need a quick comfort meal? If so, this is it!! It takes almost no time to put together and the rewards are a big pan of cheesy tomato pasta that will feed your family for many nights. I doubled this recipe because I wanted to make some for a cousin who just had a super cute baby boy. I figured they could use some comfort food because having a newborn is…um…well it’s super hard. That’s all I have to say about that for now. I myself have a newborn and I’m kind of tired. And maybe he’s not so newborn because he is three months old now. But whatever, I’m still tired. They are a lot of work. Unlike this pasta which is pretty easy.
(A note about Marinara sauce: You can certainly make your own from scratch or you can buy my all time favorite, Rao’s Marinara, which is kind of expensive but totally worth it. Promise!)
Here’s where I found this little gem: http://funnyloveblog.com/2012/12/19/easy-baked-ziti/
Easy Baked Ziti
- 1 lb ziti or penne
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups marinara, homemade or from a jar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Then drain and run cold water over it to stop the cooking process.
2. Mix ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, the parmesan cheese and once cup of marinara in a bowl. Add pasta and toss to mix thoroughly.
3. Spread pasta mixture over the bottom of a casserole dish evenly and then add the remaining marinara over the top. Then top with cheese.
4. Bake for 20-30 mins or until brown and bubbly.
This is also a great make ahead dish that you can freeze for later. If you freeze, cover with saran wrap and then foil. Then bake at 375 degrees for 60-75 mins or until heated through and brown and bubbly.